Tuesday, May 20, 2014

My Favorite Outfit: Lauren from A Wild Tonic

Hi, everyone!  I'm continuing with this little series from my favorite blogger friends today.  I've asked each guest blogger to highlight her favorite outfit of choice.  Seeing my friends' different styles is always a huge source of inspiration for me.  Today's guest post is brought to you by my friend Lauren, who blogs over at A Wild Tonic and always impresses me with her thrift store finds!  Take a peek at her favorite ensemble below, and be sure to check out her Etsy shops!  :)


Hey there, folks! I'm Lauren, blogger at A Wild Tonic, vintage seller at A Wild Tonic, and upcycled print-maker at Wanderlust Print Co. Fun fact: Sammi and I actually went to the same college, and reconnected through blogging a few years later. She's pretty great, isn't she? Anyway, I'm not here to rave about Sammi, I'm here to talk about my favorite outfit, so let's get into it.



One of my ongoing goals in life is to live simply, minimally, and with intention. That's why I sell vintage clothing and prints on upcycled map paper. It's also why I shop at Goodwill almost exclusively. This dress was one of those perfect Goodwill finds. I'd been in the market for a grungy velvet dress for a while, and was this close to buying one online, and then I was thrifting for the shop and came across this baby. I can't even tell you how many times I've worn it so far. And it cost $3. You can find all the ways I've worn it (on my blog, at least) right here!


Outfit details:
dress: Goodwill
kimono top: Lulu's
earrings: vintage/were my mom's
sunglasses: c/o ZeroUV
bracelets: vintage and Forever 21
shoes: hand-me-down from a friend

Thanks for having me, Sammi! ♥

5 comments:

  1. I love that! Im such a fan of velvet and the fringe, oh my! I think it almost has a 1920's feel to it, dare I say flapperesc?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing wild tunic with us, Sammi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that outfit! Especially the sunglasses, they just make it! And inspiring what you said about living minimally.
    bellezabykatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely inspired by what you said about living minimally and with intention. I can't relate...though often as far as the minimally thing goes, I can get sidetracked! Love the outfit too...the kimono is gorgeous! Great series Sammi!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...