Sunday, March 1, 2015

Chamomile

tatyana iced coffee circle dress

Guys.  I finally figured out how to do victory rolls!  They're definitely not the best, but this was the first time I was able to create something that looked passable (every other time I've tried, I can get the first one and fail miserably at the second).  I was bummed when I realized it was raining outside, and I thought my chances of documenting this feat were ruined... but then the sun miraculously came out for the last bit of daylight!  I suppose it just goes to show that things have a way of working out in the end.

bettie page iced coffee circle dress
teapot brooch
tatyana dress

I don't wear this gorgeous dress from Tatyana very much (it's such a special piece), but one of the only good things about winter is that I can pull this out of my closet again.  The neckline is probably my favorite part.  I wore this dress last year on the blog, but my favorite styling of this dress has to be Ashley's recent post of the wiggle version!

tatyana bettie page
Outfit Details
Dress: Tatyana (no longer available)
Petticoat: eBay (similar)
Tights: ModCloth (similar)
Brooch: ModCloth (similar)
Shoes: ModCloth

best of times heel modcloth
retro polka dot dress

I spent this past weekend in New York City with my mom, and we're coming back home today.  I was glad to get out of town, even for just a few days, and we did lots of fun things!  We saw A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder with my college roommate on Friday, went shopping and saw John Cameron Mitchell in Hedwig and the Angry Inch (the whole reason for the trip) on Saturday, and we're meeting up with some family to have tea at Alice's Tea Cup today before we leave for the airport.  I'll have a post devoted to the trip soon, but suffice it to say that I've had a very nice last few days.  :)

Hope your weekend was wonderful, too!
xox Sammi

13 comments:

  1. Ah you look so pretty! I love this dress, such a lovely shape.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A victory for Victory Rolls! My favorite part of this ensemble though is the tea pot brooch, which seems to perfectly fit the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look perfect! I adore your hair this way... it must have taken forever. You've got some mad skills.... I also love this beautiful dress on you as well. So delightful!
    xoxo
    Taylor
    http://www.nothingbutapigeon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these pictures in the woods. You look like a fairytale princess!
    That hairdo looks so pretty on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. deffinitely one of my favorite dresses on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go!!! There is definitely a fine art to Victory Rolls (much like winged liner) and when you've masted it, you can't help but feel like you're on cloud nine. Your rolls look great and are a beautiful match for this terrific polka dot dress (which, BTW, I adore that you partnered with spotted hosiery - very cool idea!).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my god, Hedwig! One of my favorite movies, and I would absolutely love to see it live on stage. How awesome.
    Congrats on the successful victory rolls! I think they look great. It's so satisfying to finally make a style work, especially if you've been struggling for a while. Very cute look overall - I like how you used the polka dots on the tights and a dress, it's a very sweet detail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome victory rolls! Serendipitous indeed that the sun came out so you could get them on record. There's nothing worse than a great hair day {or outfit} when the weather's not co-operating! I adore your teapot brooch, it's super cute and looks fabulous with that dress. Lovely. :) ❤

    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely outfit! You look really cute! :)
    x Angela // http://the-style-doll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute! I love the teapot brooch (so lifelike!) and the way you've paired spotted tights with a spotted dress. You victory rolls look great, too... they take oh so much practice but once you've mastered them they're an amazing summer hairdo and humid-day lifesaver too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww you're so sweet! I wish I could do victory rolls. Yours look fantastic. I'm fairly certain I don't have enough hair for it though. I'm forever wishing we were truly dress twins here, the swing version is so much prettier!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great dress, you look so gorgeous. Love the hair too x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...