Monday, November 30, 2015

By the book

modcloth book dress

I hope you all had a nice holiday weekend! We had a pretty low-key Thanksgiving and decorated our (unfortunately fake) Christmas tree, and I saw the movie Suffragette with my friend Rusty. I'm dying to see Brooklyn as well, but maybe that'll happen another weekend. Though I've got film on the brain, today's outfit is all about books!

modcloth archive got the power dress
book necklace
book dress
book print
book dress modcloth

Although I actually own another book print dress, I like that this one is a little more colorful – and since my other one is currently too small on me, this one's way more comfortable too. My sense of style has definitely evolved over the past couple of years; although I'm usually drawn to fuller, longer skirts these days, this outfit reminds me of my early blogging days. It's both fun and practical, which can't always be said of my more retro-inspired looks. I don't consider my style to fit into any one category... I just like what I like. I guess my style isn't really "by the book." I don't really overanalyze it. If only that could transfer to other areas of my life.

book print dress
Outfit Details
Archive Got the Power Dress: ModCloth
Book necklace: Treasured Charms
Cardigan: thrifted (similar)
Tights: similar
Boots: similar

the soubrette brunette: by the book

Have a great start to your week, and don't forget about my favorite Cyber Monday deals:
Unique Vintage: 30% off site-wide (including sale) with code OMG30
ModCloth: 25% off site-wide with code FUNDAY

12 comments:

  1. LOVE that dress! I just got one as well and am planning to blog about it soon. I love the color palette - it will be so easy to pair cardigans with it! I can easily see a green cardigan with it or even a plum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that print... makes me want a library of thick, leather bound books just like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a vibrant, fantastic print! The lifelong bookworm in me sighed with total delight over this awesome dress.

    I really like how you described your personal style. I don't feel like mine fits a precise mold either, plus it continues to evolve, which I really love, as it helps keep things fresh.

    Big hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is utterly beautiful! I adore that dress and your fun styling! I had a concert on Saturday where we were playing a version of 'The Owl and the pussy cat' poem and I wore a pea-green dress with a tiny owl and pussycat brooch to go with the theme-dressing- tis your fault- you've taught me the art of theme-dressing!
    P.S. Not sure if I asked this already but I have a favour to ask- I've entered Lady Vintage's competition to style one of their dresses and send in a photo and if you liked my picture best out of the entries, I'd love it if you felt able to vote for me by liking my picture! Cheeky, I know, but I really want to win- never won anything like that before and I'd the support of my lovely blog friends. I'm the first one wearing the pink floral dress if you felt able to 'like' it for me on Facebook?  Here's the link:  https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.864013323713000.1073741877.144939495620390&type=1&l=8c4891a181

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my oh my oh my!! I love that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BOOKS!!! Oh wow, this is a brilliant print. Lovely colours on you too xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This print is amazing and I love the boots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This dress is so awesome. I was this close to buying it but went for a christmas-y plaid dress instead. I think I need this one still though... I really like it paired with the red cropped cardigan.

    Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for novelty book prints! I have a simliar book print skirt but with kitties too! Books are fun to read, but they are fun to wear too ;)
    http://silvercatteaparty.blogspot.com/2015/11/outfit-of-day-autumn-flavored-cat-print.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness I need a dress like this! I love books, and it just kind of reminds me of the library the Beast gives to Belle, so yes. WANT. And I love how you styled it!
    I know what you mean about not over-analyzing your style -- I think my overall theme is retro/vintage, but there's still a lot of leeway in there, since that can be anything from a super 50's look to total 70's hippie to 80's flare and craziness. It's fun not to completely commit to one solid look all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Would you like to sell this dress? I dream about it, and is no longer available anywhere...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...