Saturday, February 13, 2016

Lucky in love

lady luck skinnydip purse

I don't consider myself to be very lucky in love. I'm fortunate in many ways, but when it comes to matters of the heart, I've historically been a bit... cursed, shall we say. Maybe that's too strong a word. This isn't a "woe is me" kind of post (on the contrary, I feel sort of amused by the whole thing as I'm writing this); I've had a few rather dysfunctional relationships, a couple of bad breakups, a lot of unrequited feelings... but there's been a lot of good in there, too. I've fallen head-over-heels and have been loved hard. I've been "the other woman" and "The One." I wear my heart on my sleeve (and sometimes in purse form), and I usually listen to and follow it pretty closely. I've spent the last year or so trying to heal my little heart, and I've let myself love again, in spite of all the risks. Allowing yourself to be vulnerable is one of the bravest and most beautiful things you can do, in my opinion, and I feel glad that I can be in that place again – even if it means getting hurt in the process. Our hearts are so resilient, aren't they? A couple of years ago, I don't think I would've been able to look past what I'd experienced (much less be thankful for it), but here I am: happy, hopeful, and loving myself more than ever. So maybe I am lucky, after all... lucky that I feel so deeply, and lucky to be where I am now.

tatyana shame swing dress red
vintage hat
red polka dot dress

Moving on to something more superficial...  I have to take a moment to say that this Tatyana dress is AMAZING. I don't think I'm doing anything fancy for Valentine's Day, but if I do anything that requires changing out of pajamas, I'll be wearing this. I was initially a little worried about how it would look on me, but I was so thrilled when I tried it on after receiving it for Christmas (thanks, Mom!). It's playful and sexy, but I still feel totally well-covered and classy in it. It also fits like a glove, which always helps. I decided to keep it fairly simple with the accessorizing (well, except for the holiday-appropriate novelty bag), but I'm already thinking of other ways I'd like to style this special dress. It's currently out of stock at Tatyana, but you can sign up for the waiting list!

tatyana bettie page dress
red vintage dress
tatyana red shame dress
heart purse
red dress tatyana
Outfit Details
Shame Red Circle Dress: Tatyana Boutique
Skinnydip Lady Luck purse: ASOS
Shoes: ModCloth (similar)
Vintage hat: Etsy (similar)

red 1950s dress

Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

8 comments:

  1. Wowza! You look SO good in this dress!! I have the same one but in the pencil skirt version and I love it, it is definitely my go-to especially if I want to feel a bit sexy, fast. I love this style too! Also your bag is absolutely amazing. I hope you have a great weekend whatever you decide to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... I'm sorry you had some bad experiences. These things make you a better person and a stronger one too, and I am pleased to hear that you are happy xxx And you look beautiful in this dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Self-contentment is worth a lot, it's such an odd thing that in our society being thought to love ourselves is a bad thing! You look gorgeous in this dress, it really accentuates your figure. Have a lovely Valentine's weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing! Such a gorgeous outfit. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulously pretty outfit! The flirty cutout on the front is such a cool touch.

    Big hugs & joyful Valentine's Day wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. This dress is everything on you!! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great dress. And I have that bag and ADORE it!
    www.curvesandcurl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...